Detailed engineering survey for Water Resource Project of Sahibganj Town on River Ganga
Doshion Veolia Water Solution & Technologies
Service CategoryGeotechnical SectorWater Resource Engineering
It was proposed to collect the Ganga River water through pipe for a water treatment plant to supply to Sahibganj main town.
M/s BPC INDIA has been entrusted to execute the work including Boring / Drilling, Field test and Laboratory test for the locations of For this work, a soil investigation work for an Intake jetty, a bridge for holding the pipe and water treatment plant need to be constructed.
The tasks that are performed during the project work are as follows:
- Sub-surface condition to develop geotechnical recommendation for foundation for different structures.
- Soil Investigation study was conducted in the following phases
- Drilling / Boring for identifications of the subsoil strata in accordance with Bureau of Indian Standards.
- To Know nature of the underlying strata and generalized sub-soil profile up to the depth of boring.
- The fieldwork also included collection of disturbed and undisturbed soil and rock samples for determination of the Soil Classification, Shear strength parameters and Settlement characteristics.
- To conduct laboratory tests like index properties, Shear & strength test relevant properties.
- Analyzing all field and laboratory data to develop foundation design and construction recommendations.