Geotechnical Investigations for Processing 5mmscmd of natural gas project of Oil India
Service CategoryGeotechnical SectorIndustrial Plant
Oil India intends to create a Gas Gathering Station (GGS) at Cato and Bijlibari tea states in Duliajan, Assam. PDIL has been entrusted by OIL INDIA to do the Project Management Consultancy.
BPC Consultant India Pvt. Ltd. was entrusted by PDIL to conduct field investigation, sampling and laboratory testing for the new Gas Gathering Station (GGS) in the Duliajan, Dibrugarh district.
Field Investigation consists of 40 bore holes, which were drilled up to a depth of 40 meter below existing ground / bed level at the project locations of the proposed Oil Collection Station.
A comprehensive & detailed Geotechnical investigation program comprising boreholes, Electrical Resistivity Tests, Installation of standpipe for long term water level monitoring, trial Pits and Liquefaction assessment tests was implemented for understanding the subsurface strata for various units covering proposed GGS Facility.
The tasks performed during the project work are as follows:
- Mobilization of hydraulic drilling rigs, water pumps, power packs, testing tools and accessories etc. for drilling, sampling, carrying out various other field tests
- Obtain soil / Rock samples, both representative and undisturbed (wherever possible) for classification tests and other laboratory tests for determining engineering properties
- Obtain penetration resistance by Standard Penetration test in the boreholes in overburden soil
- Field Permeability test on Soil and /rock
- Installation of Stand Pipe to Monitor the Water table
- Quality of water in contact with foundations
- Electrical Resistivity Test
- Block Vibration Test
- Cyclic Plate Load Test
- Shear wave tests for assessing Vulnerability to Liquefaction
- Percolation Characteristics
- Swell Shrink characteristics of clayey silt layer
- CBR values for Pavement design
- Suitability of in situ soil for filling
- Broad remediation strategies
- Recommendations for minor /lightly loaded structures
- Recommendations for design of shallow /deep foundations /Stone Columns/machine foundation
- Finding of Potential Geological /other hazards
- Detail Project Report