Engineering Consultancy services for construction of GGS at baghjan Tea State , Assam
Kavin Engineering And Services Pvt Ltd / Oil India Duliajan
SERVICE CATEGORYGeotechnical, Geophysical SectorIndustrial Plant
Oil India intends to create a Gas Gathering Station (GGS) at Baghjan tea state in Duliajan, Assam. KAVIN has been entrusted by OIL INDIA to do the Project Management Consultancy.
Kavin Engineering and Services Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore are the EPMC (Engineering & Project Management Consultants) for this project. BPC Consultant India Pvt. Ltd. was entrusted by Kavin to conducted field investigation, sampling and laboratory testing for the new Gas Gathering Station (GGS) in the Baghjan, Dibrugarh district
Field Investigation consist of twenty bore holes, which were drilled up to a depth of 35 meter below existing ground / bed level at the project locations of proposed Oil Collection Station.
A comprehensive & detailed Geotechnical investigation program comprising boreholes, Electrical Resistivity Tests, Installation of standpipe for long term water level monitoring, trial Pits and Liquefaction assessment tests was implemented for understanding the sub-surface strata for various units covering proposed GGS Facility.
The tasks that are performed during the project work are as follows:
- Mobilization of hydraulic drilling rigs, water pumps, power packs, testing tools and accessories etc. for drilling, sampling, carrying out various other field tests.
- Obtain soil / Rock samples, both representative and undisturbed (wherever possible) for classification tests and other laboratory tests for determining engineering properties.
- Obtain penetration resistance by Standard Penetration test in the boreholes in overburden soil
- Field Permeability test on Soil and /rock.
- Installation of StandPipe to Monitor the Water table
- Electrical Resistivity Test.
- Block Vibration Test
- Cyclic Plate Load Test.
- Shear wave tests for assessing Vulnerability to Liquefaction.
- Percolation Characteristics.
- Swell Shrink characteristics of clayey silt layer.
- CBR values for Pavement design
- Suitability of in situ soil for filling.
- Broad remediation strategies.
- Recommendations for minor /lightly loaded structures
- Recommendations for design of shallow /deep foundations /Stone Columns/machine foundation.
- Finding of Potential Geological /other hazards
- Quality of water in contact with foundations.
- Detail Project Report.