Geotechnical and Geophysical study For Construction of Oil Collecting Station at Barekuri
Kavin Engineering And Services Pvt Ltd / Oil India
SERVICE CATEGORYGeotechnical, Geophysical SectorIndustrial Plant
Oil India is trying to develop and produce crude oil of Capacity 3600KLPD by proposing a Oil Collecting Station in Barekuri.
Oil India Limited (OIL) has been entrusted to implement the development for new Oil Collecting Station at Barekuri, under Tinsukia district in the state of Assam.
Field Investigation consist of twenty bore holes, which were drilled up to a depth of 35 meter below existing ground / bed level at the project locations of proposed Oil Collection Station.
A Geotechnical and Geophysical study was proposed to be carried out for understanding the subsurface strata for the Crude oil test tank, Effluent water ollection tank, Clarified water storage, Water supply system, Foam system, instrument air/Utility air system, Effluent treatment system, Chemical injection system, Hot oil system, Fuel gas system, Nitrojen generation system, Captive power plant, Produced water treatment system-A/B, Separation and stabilization system, Inlet monofold system, Indirect bath heaters, Fire fighting system, Sleeper rack, Future area etc.
The tasks that are performed during the project work are as follows:
- Mobilization of hydraulic drilling rigs, water pumps, power packs, testing tools and accessories etc. for drilling, sampling, carrying out various other field tests.
- Obtain soil / Rock samples, both representative and undisturbed (wherever possible) for classification tests and other laboratory tests for determining engineering properties.
- Obtain penetration resistance by Standard Penetration test in the boreholes in overburden soil
- Field Permeability test on Soil and /rock.
- Installation of StandPipe to Monitor the Water table
- Electrical Resistivity Test.
- Block Vibration Test
- Cyclic Plate Load Test.
- Shear wave tests for assessing Vulnerability to Liquefaction.
- Percolation Characteristics.
- Swell Shrink characteristics of clayey silt layer.
- CBR values for Pavement design
- Suitability of in situ soil for filling.
- Broad remediation strategies.
- Recommendations for minor /lightly loaded structures
- Recommendations for design of shallow /deep foundations /Stone Columns/machine foundation.
- Finding of Potential Geological /other hazards
- Quality of water in contact with foundations.
- Detail Project Report.