Byrnihat-Shillong New BG line (108km) in Meghalaya
SERVICE CATEGORYGeotechnical Investigation SectorRailway Engineering
The proposed rail project was expected to provide connectivity between Shillong and Guwahati, which shall cater the major tourist traffic for shilling, and other tourist places of Khasi Hills in the state of Meghalaya.
Byrnihat-Shillong New BG line will decrease the distance between the cities and incorporate a special node in the Tourist traffic and Freight movement between Assam and Meghalaya.
The main scope of the Pre-Construction Survey For New BG Single Railway Line (108 KM), Stacking of Alignment on Ground, Geological and Geotechnical Investigation, Preparation of Sub surface Drawing And Ancillary Works In Connection With Construction of proposed New BG line.
The tasks that are performed during the project work are as follows:
- Field Survey by advance total station and GPS to finalize the location of tunel.
- Demarcation of proposed alignment of Tunnel Section.
- Detail sub soil investigation and Geological log preparation.
- Conducting SPT test , UCS TEST and point load test.
- Detail RMR results for Q system design of Tunnels.
- Detail project report for design tunnel.
- Chemical analyses of soil and water samples for concrete design and assessment of contaminants, if applicable
- Multi Chanal Surface Wave Test. Plate Load Test, Permeability Test.
- Preparation and submission of a detailed Geotechnical Investigation Report after the completion of field work and laboratory test results.