Geotechnical Investigation for PETS survey in North-South corridor of DFC for Tunnels.
Rites Ltd., Delhi
Delhi - Chennai
SERVICE CATEGORYGeotechnical, Laboratory Testing SectorRailway Engineering
To reduce the goods transportation cost and time, DFCCIL has introduced 3300 km dedicated heavy load goods track for avoiding the congestion of existing passenger tracks which also facilitates options of new passenger trains in the surplus time of existing routes.
The proposed heavy load capacity BG line will help faster movement of goods between North-South India and thus reducing goods carrying time and cost.
As a part of this 3300 km project we were entitled to undergo geotechnical investigation of 50 km stretch where we found the best route for tunnel and have completed geotechnical investigations to find tunnel profile and as an input of tunnel design.
The tasks performed during the project work are as follows
- Reconnaissance Survey
- GPS Survey for tunnel location finalization.
- Demarcation of tunnel alignment.
- Sub-Soil Investigation and Geological log preparation.
- Laboratory test on soil and rock samples.
- Calculation of RMR & other parameters.
- Preparation of Soil investigation report.