Water Supply Project for the SKS Power Project at Raigarh
Doshion Veolia Water Solution & Technologies
Service CategoryGeotechnical SectorPower
The proposed SKS power project at Raigarh would require a good amount of water. To make available of the same, a water supply scheme has been formulated.
The proposed SKS power project at Raigarh would require a good amount of water. To make available of the same, a water supply scheme has been formulated to collect water from river Mahanadi, near Saradih village which is about 45 kilometer away from the proposed plant.
BPC India has been entrusted to execute the work including Boring / Drilling, Field test and Laboratory test for the locations of Intake jetty over the Mahanadi River, Approach Bridge for holding the pipe and along the alignment of GRP Pipe Line from jetty to SKS Power Plant in the district of Raigarh in the state Chhattisgarh.
The tasks performed during the project work are as follows
- Sub-surface condition to develop geotechnical recommendation for foundation for different structures.
- Soil Investigation study was conducted in the following phases: Drilling / Boring for identifications of the sub soil strata in accordance with Bureau of Indian Standards.
- To Know nature of the underlying strata and generalized sub-soil profile up to the depth of boring.
- The fieldwork also included collection of disturbed and undisturbed soil and rock samples for determination of the Soil Classification, Shear strength parameters and Settlement characteristics.
- To conduct laboratory test like index properties, Shear & strength test relevant properties.
- Analyzing all field and laboratory data to develop foundation design and construction recommendations.