Soil exploration for bridges and slope stability analysis for new BG line in Manipur
NF Rail, Jiribum
Service CategoryGeotechnical, Drone Survey, Slope Stability Analysis SectorRailway Engineering
To provide the 1st ever rail connectivity to the landlocked North-Eastern state, Manipur and to facilitate inter connection of North Eastern state capitals Imphal is proposed to have a new BG line that will be connected with the existing Guwahati-Silchar BG line.
The new proposed BG line with 37 tunnels is of national importance as it will help in easement of providing defense security in Manipur and will be beneficial for economic development of local people and will ensure supply of food grains and essentials throughout the year.
We have been entitled to undergo geotechnical investigation works of major and minor bridges, mapping of Landslide Hazard Zones by Aerial Survey and detailed design of slope stability measures and thus helping railway in Railway Asset Management.
The tasks performed during the project work are as follows
- Topo Survey by UAV/Drone
- Geotechnical investigation of bridges, tunnels and slopes
- Laboratory tests on soil & rock samples
- Hydrology studies and drainage planning
- Landslide hazard zonation mapping
- Preparation of Soil investigation & project report
- Carrying out slope stability analysis at deep cuffing & high embankment, Tunnel face at desired location showing creep, slip and sign of instability based on the soil exploration data
- Design of Slope protection works. Working out a detailed scheme for Slope protection, Slope stabilization and recommending for providing remedial measure i.e. slope correction/retaining wall/ geogrid/ turf/ nailing/REwall etc., subsurface drainage, covered drains etc. Protection works required based on field (to be made available) and laboratory investigation report
- The Stability analysis and corresponding remedial measures as given above shall be worked out by modeling and simulation studies with detail drawings and 3D-illustrations. The schemes proposed are site-specific, cost-effective, easily executable, long-lasting and sustainable
- Developing comprehensive geotechnical stability plan and drainage plan of the railway formation -Formation treatment under the track, Erosion control measures of slopes,with special attention to critical locations of deep cuttings, tunnel approaches, hill-slopes, embankments, bridges, river training etc, design and layout arrangement drawings of drains showing gradients, outfalls, collection chambers, protection arrangements
- Long-term monitoring techniques through instrumentation