Traffic Studies for 6 Laning of NH-5 from Chandikhol - Jagatpur - Bhubaneswar
STUP Consultants Pvt. Ltd
Service CategoryTraffic Survey SectorHighway Engineering
Upgradation of Life Line of Odisha connecting tourist hub Puri and Industrial Hub Paradeep, Angul, Sambalpur and Rourkella.
The project stretch, part of NH-5 which takes off from NH-6 near Baripoda and runs through the states of Orissa, Andhra and Tamilnadu, is proposed for 6 laning from Km 413.002 to km 418 and km 0.002 to km 62.000.
This 67 Km portion of NH-5 (Total Construction Cost - INR 2100 cr) lies completely in Orissa and within the districts of Jajpur, Cuttack and Khordha. Also this portion connects important towns like Bhubaneswar and Cuttack with Jagatpur and Chandikhol where it ends.
This stretch gives access to important places like Puri (NH-203), Paradip (NH-5A & SH-12, SH-9A), Angul, Sambalpur (NH-42), Rourkella (NH-200) and other places within Orissa and West Bengal. The Main objective is to give Traffic Survey and Analysis Traffic Safety Consultation, Urban Transport Modeling and Traffic Management plans.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided by the firm:
- To gather Base Year classified traffic volume
- Traffic Survey, Analysis and Projection.
- Various methods employed for traffic survey.
- Understanding the pattern of traffic movement
- Deriving directional split, Peak Hour Factor and seasonal variation
- Assessment of capacity based on demand forecasting for future years
- Providing traffic inputs for economic and financial analysis as well as BOT Viability
- Providing inputs for pavement design.
- Identification of spatial influence of the project stretch and option study of Bypasses.
- Deriving Growth Factors for Traffic demand forecasting.
- Therefore to indicate the alternative location of the toll plaza, this would generate more revenue to the concessionaire.