Traffic-Transportation Planning and Traffic Impact Assessment in Kochi
IIT KHARAGPUR / CANNON DESIGN
Service CategoryTraffic Analysis SectorHighway Engineering
Smart City Kochi (SCK) is a proposed mixed used development located at Kakkanad, at the outskirt of Kochi, the fastest growing town in the State of Kerala.
This development is part of a special economic zone (SEZ) with processing zone, primarily for IT and ITEs offices and nonprocessing zone with Residential and other commercial land uses.
Therefore, a detailed traffic impact study was conducted to assess the effect of this development on surrounding road network and major roads that connect this site with rest of Kochi city. In addition, issues like circulation plan, parking estimation were evaluated for the proposed development. The Main objective is to give Traffic Survey and Analysis Traffic Safety Consultation, Urban Transport Modeling and Traffic Management plans.
The tasks performed during the project works
- Review, validation and advise on the existing documents and reports
- Meeting with road and transport authorities.
- Traffic count surveys (project access roads only) and analysis of the findings
- Offsite highway network data, studies and future projection
- Public and non-motorized transportation (existing and planned)
- On site traffic generation and off site impact
- On site road network and proposal of schemes and feasibilities
- Demand management (traffic regulations, servicing, parking standards, travel plan, signing, etc.), Parking demand and supply study
- Traffic movement and transport strategy (off and on site) to include trip generation, mode split.